On Mar 21, 2010, at 3:56 PM, Mark Derricutt wrote:
Thanks for the pointer to MCLIDE! That looks really nice! Any idea if a 64bit build is in the works? For some reason I feel dirty about having to install Rosetta :)

MCLIDE 2.0 will have that cutting edge you're craving for and definitely NOT require Rosetta, but please don't let that hold you back from using MCLIDE 1.0. The first version is intended to provide fodder for a conversation about what to include in the next generation lisp/clojure IDE for Macintosh. I invite you to download the upcoming release of MCLIDE for Clojure and join the dialogue about where to go from here. Think of Rosetta as just another VM... ;-)

There are good reasons for the initial release to use Rosetta, particularly that it allowed MCLIDE to be built rapidly on top of a mature, proven lisp IDE. This dramatically cut down the development time from conception to usable software, making MCLIDE available now instead of at the time of the 2.0 release.

You get the gist: "Release early. Release often. And listen to your customers."

When MCLIDE for Clojure is out, you will be able to download a distribution of MCLIDE and have it work instantly as an IDE for Clojure on Mac OSX, and with a little extra effort as a Mac IDE for Clojure on any platform.

If you just can't wait any longer, send me an email, and I'll let you in on how to make the current version of MCLIDE work with Clojure.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Lee Spector <lspec...@hampshire.edu> wrote: I'm sure that this can and will be overcome, in part because I think that for my main environment (Mac OS X) and for my needs (which are more about ease of starting to write and run code than about deployment) MCLIDE/Clojure is very close already (three cheers for Terje!).

-- Terje Norderhaug
  te...@in-progress.com