Rich Knowles
Indigo. LF38
Halifax

On 2012-11-12, at 8:12, TARAS IWANYCKI <tar...@bell.net> wrote:

Thanks Rick
That is very much what played out this season.  I believe the handicap was 111
and he got three seconds and dropped to 114 for the modification
His modification did not adversely affect the boat,,,,she is fast and points
like crazy.  Often outpointing etchelles
We sail in Lake St-Louis / Montreal area, which is part of the St-Laurence River
(My former boat was a C&C24.....presently have a J30)

That is the challenge in PHRF racing,....the fleet can be very mixed.  In the
first race of the club championship I managed to edge out the Frers to the
windard mark and sat to windward of him for 1/2 the race. But he managed to get
ahead by the leward mark and once he had clean air,...he was gone
I read one review that had them in a class with faster boats and they performed
poorly (did not have clean air) but became the top boat when they changed class
and were in front of the fleet
I guess I will have to pull up our socks or buy that C&C37+ I keep eyeing

Thanks
Taras
Montreal,QC