Ok my 2 cents. I owned a 29-2 for 4 years and just sold it last November. The
boat is not overly tender like the 29-1 if you sail it well balanced. It likes
15 degrees of heel.  I could sail it with 2 people in 16-17 kts with 2 people
close hauled and take my hands off the wheel and let her fly for 5 min without
touching the wheel.

 In 2 years I did the following to mine:  bottom striped and new burnished race
bottom applied; all new TackTick instruments; all new running rigging; new
folding prop; all new Spinlock rope clutches (8); refinished floors; new
batteries; new North Radian main; new 3DL #1; new curtains; all new main cover
and wheel cover; new upgraded traveler; new GPS and backup depth finder; new
graphics; all new lightweight spinnaker gear; carbon spin pole; etc.  In the
end the boat was very well appointed and fast. It was a nice boat to start
with; I made it better. I asked $19k US for it and got $17.5.  I had a lot more
than that in it but felt it was market correct.

If you put decent sails on it the main will run about $2500 and a nice North
3DL #1 will set you back $3200. Of course if you don't plan on racing it, you
can get by for less.

The reality is, the 29-2 is a small 29 footer but has good space down below but
a slightly cramped cockpit. For comparison I would look at an S-2 9.1 that is a
large 30 footer and rates 45 seconds faster.

Sent from my iPhone