May thru October was about the same as Michigan, and Mid-April to
mid-October was the norm in Philly.

I much prefer it down here when you only haul for maintenance or when you
need a bottom job - about every 3 or 4 years with good bottom paint.

The club I belonged to in Philly had an old travel lift trailer pulled by an
even older Oshkosh or Owatonna spotter truck. Most folks owned their own
jack stands, I purchased a cradle because a used shipping cradle was less
expensive than new stands - but it was a PITA to move around.

By "cradle lift" I presume you mean a big forklift capable of picking up
cradle and boat from the side? I am only familiar with the term as a type of
boat lift used to lift a boat out of the water at a dock or in a boat house.

In so far as a perception that a cradle is superior to stands, I can only
say that my 38 has weathered direct impacts from Hurricanes Isobel and Irene
( and a couple of nor'easters when it was out for refit for well over a
year) on 6 stands - though I personally made sure the stands were chained
together and sitting on largeish squares of 1/2" plywood intended to keep
the gravel under the stands from getting washed away by high water.

Rick Brass
Washington, NC