From: "Stevan Plavsa" <stevanpla...@gmail.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:36:04 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Another boat

Keep looking and don't settle. I got my 32 for 18k, that's right in your
ballpark. I was originally looking for 27s and 29s but I didn't find any that
were reasonably priced or even in reasonable shape. I went to look at the 32 on
a whim because it was the closest boat to me, and a broker boat no less ..
something I'de been avoiding up to that point. I had driven to NY to look at
boats on the south shore of Lake Ontario, not a complete waste of time because
it helped me compare and understand the market better.

And you know what? The 32, literally 5 minutes from my house, was easily in way
better shape than any of the boats I'de looked at up to that point. I was sold
on it instantly. It was more boat than I hoped for and it was in reach. Life is
short and I can be pretty impulsive so I made an offer, had it surveyed and
bought the boat. I think the PO was happy to get the 18k and I think he was
happy to deal with me, we got along great. Some other guy was in line before me
but he was a huge hassle for the seller. I lucked out, the PO was a great guy.

I don't race so my requirements may be different than yours. My boat is a
freshwater boat and it surveyed well. The sails were worn out and I just spent
$1600 (shipping in!) all told on a genoa from Rolly Tasker, it's a great sail
and an incredible value. The main is still usable and will be for a couple of
years yet. Canvas is still good, not great, but doesn't need replacing. ....
but I have spent a lot. I've spent money refurbishing the
head/tanks/freshwater/wiring/instruments/stereo/solar and the list goes on. A
boat that has had that stuff done is worth more, but then, if you do it
yourself it's really YOUR boat. My boat is MY boat! I EARNED it because I fixed
the shit out of it!

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto