I wouldn't factor the cost of a cradle into the deal. As a matter of
practicality, why do you need one?

Does the yard where you would lay up the boat for the winter give you a
substantial discount for not using their cradle or stands? Do you belong to
a club that requires you to provide a cradle or stands (my club in Philly
did require this)?

If you need them, 6 new stands will be less than half the cost of a new
cradle - plus they are a lot easier to move and to store than a cradle. And
you can frequently find used ones for even less.

When I needed stands or a cradle to store my 25 (at the club I joined in
Philly) I bought a used shipping cradle from a large boat dealer. It was
half the cost of new stands, and worked just fine. If I ever do sell my 25,
the cradle will be included with the boat - it hasn't been used in over a
decade and there is no market to sell one here in the south.

Now a trailer does make some sense if you plan to store the boat at home
over the winter to save yard fees - and you have a truck big enough to pull
a 10,000 pound boat and trailer. But do a little research before you plan on
doing that. In one city where I lived, it was OK to store a boat or RV (or
empty trailer) in your drive, but it had to be behind a line extended out
from the front wall of the house (and I did not have a suitable concrete pad
next to the house on which to put the boat I had, so it ended up in a yard
anyway).

Rick Brass
Washington, NC