I heard that cockroaches are good tasting little critters if prepared
right...a source of much needed nourishment on the high seas when the
cupboard is bare

-----Original Message-----
From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Wally
Bryant
Sent: February 5, 2014 6:30 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 40, et al, cruising modifications

Tankage can be over-rated.  Watermakers are small, affordable and
efficient these days.  I've never regretted pulling the v-berth tank and
converting to storage.

Despite a small 32 gallon fuel tank, I've never had a problem.  I do
keep two jerry cans lashed amidships on each side.  If I anticipate a
worry, I'll lash another two down in the cockpit.

I'm not on a schedule, and pick my weather windows for sailing. These
days I reach my destination without touching the jerry cans, and then
worry about old fuel sitting on deck under the sunbrella covers.  I've
also noticed that cockroaches live under the jerry cans down here, but
that's another topic.

Wal

> Seems like you have to work pretty hard to get tankage up to spec for
longer distance cruising