I replaced my throttle cable 2 years ago. The "after market" clamp had split
the outer sheath and moisture getting to the rod had caused it to rust and
become stiff.  I chose not to replace the clamp and to use the internal bolt in
the pedestal to set the tension. Worked ok for a while - but is now allowing
too much slippage. It's a pia to have to take off the compass to re- adjust -
just one of the winter projects!

--
Jonathan
Indigo C&C 35III