From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Chuck
Gilchrest via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 20:47
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Chuck Gilchrest <csgilchr...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Defender sale

Steve,
As the US rep for a Canadian company, can you tell me what other currier
service works better than others for shipments from the states?  It seems
that UPS has limits to their geographic distribution and often transfers
goods to secondary carriers  like Purolator for local deliveries.  We see
this in freight originating in Canada as well.
I know Defender will ship via US Postal to international destinations so
perhaps that may be a solution if it isn't a huge oversize item.
Since the Canadian dollar isn't going too far in the US, on top of all the
various fees and brokerage costs, perhaps this is the year to throw some
Loonies at the home town retailer and help him keep his doors open.
Which I'm sure you already do.
Best,
Chuck Gilchrest
Half Magic
1983 LF 35
Padanaram MA
Sent from my iPhone

<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> One note of caution for my fellow Canadians.
> I ordered a few things from Defender that were on sale last year,
totalling less than $200 U.S., and they insisted on sending it via U.P.S. I
paid the shipping in advance, along with the rest of the order.
> When the U.P.S. driver showed up on my front porch, he wanted a further
$93 Canadian for "brokerage" fees. U.P.S. sucks when it comes to cross
border shipments. I refused to accept the shipment.
> I have no doubt at all that Defender is a good outfit, but their choice of
shipping company for Canadian addresses is not. I purchase goods online from
the States all the time and that was my worst shipping experience so far.
Most of the bad ones have involved U.P.S.

> Steve Thomas
> C&C27 MKIII
> Port Stanley, ON

like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
Contributions are greatly appreciated!

what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!