I shipped a 7-pound propeller to another lister in California, cheapest
possible shipping was $50 CAD delivered sometime in this century. I just
received a 10-lb jar of calcium chloride from Home Despot shipped from New
Jersey in 3 days for $3.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III
Victoria, BC

On 30 March 2016 at 18:03, Don Harben via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> US shipping to Canada.... argh expensive learning ...
>
> USPS coming to Canada Post is my only acceptable shipper.
>
> Divide the shipping items into smaller value packages can sometimes result
> in coming  through with no brokerage or sales taxes.  No duty has ever been
> due. Canada Post brokerage is typically only $5 compared to $25=>$50=>$100
> with the big name couriers.
>
> There are shipping addresses for couriers in most US border towns.  This
> works but always always always declare... Seizure of your car or boat, let
> alone the goods and fines are not unrealistic possibilities. A friend had
> to go to court in the Saulte ...... Declaration at the border usually means
> paying the sales taxes.
>
> Did I say 35% to 45% exchange rates depending upon your credit card,
> Interac , or Paypal piece of the pie .....
>
> Don

> like what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All
> Contributions are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!