From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Russ &
Melody via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 8:56 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Russ & Melody
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Stus-List Touche' steering system disassembly - issues
of concern discovered

Hi Dennis,

I will guess that the sprocket damage is as you surmise, chain stop bolt riding
past the limit. Notice chain link gouge in port side housing too when it rode
up on the sprocket. I expect it was an single event while backing down and the
person lost control of the wheel. There is enough momentum there to put the
wheel hard over in a second and cause the damage.

Your intuition is "bang on", reassemble without removing the sprocket. Trying
to get that sprocket off the axle is flirting with disaster. Reassemble exactly
as before, as the damaged teeth are not in the normally loaded area anyhow.

        Cheers, Russ
        ex - Sweet 35 mk-1