The 25 has a deck stepped mast, so the only water entry is around deck mounted
hardware, port seals, or if the cockpit scuppers get clogged with pine straw
(don’t ask) and water floods over the lip of the companionway.

Water seems to come down the mast in my 38 internally, as with yours. I always
presumed it gets in through the sheaves at the masthead and the carious
apertures where lines go through the sides of the mast. On my  38 the mast sits
in an aluminum shoe at the level of the cabin sole, so I can watch the water
come out the bottom of the mast and drip through a hole in the step into the
bilge.

And yes it does rain in North Carolina… a lot at times!

Rick Brass

Washington, NC