Josh,

Zero pounding either in The Washing Machine (Buzzards Bay) or out in the ocean.

Get Outlook for Android

________________________________
From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Rick Brass via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 11:21:40 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Rick Brass
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C as offshore boat?

When I was boat shopping for my first keel boat (in the mid-90s in the
Chesapeake and along the Jersey Shore) I was attracted to a couple of
Ericksons. I didn’t buy them because of the reputation they have of being wet
boats – with problems of hardware bedding, window leaks, etc. The hull to deck
joint might be solid (but you should look in a C&C owners’ manual on the photo
album at the diagram of the C&C hull to deck), but most of the Ericksons I
looked at showed signs of water inside. A friend has had to completely replace
the cabin sole on his Erickson 38 – which delaminated on the top from water
coming through the deck instead of on the bottom from water collecting in the
bilge.

The C&C 25 I bought in 1994 is dry enough that it does not have an electric
bilge pump. Every 6 months or so I dry out the bilge with a couple of strokes
on the manual pump and a sponge.

Rick Brass
Imzadi  C&C 38 mk2 #47
la Belle Aurore  C&C 25 mk1 #225