>> By now, Cocoa may be the new Carbon.   if your app is large, I'd wait to see
>> what happens with Marzipan.

This is true, and very scary.  Makes us wonder about sunk cost fallacy.

It's annoying but not dreadful to link C++ code into Cocoa via Objective-C.
Throw in Swift and future APIs
that are Swift-dominated, and it becomes harder.  How soon will it be
impossible?

Our app has 6 or 8 programmer-years of C++ cross-platform business logic.
Accounting software is complicated.
Rewriting that in another language would be hard work, and tons of testing.
More than Mac sales would justify,
so it would be time to go Windows-only or just fold.

Casey McDermott
Turtle Creek Software