Someone finally gets it! @Karl Goiser.

Can anyone recommend where I can read up on (not something lengthy please)
or watch how to make Xcode 4 work?

Also, is there anyway I could create my app in Xcode 3.2.6 and then some how
open it up in Xcode 4 and do the final build in there so that it works for
the latest iOS?

Any help would be overly appreciated.

Julie.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 8:11 PM, Karl Goiser <li...@goiser.com> wrote:

> I think that we need to differentiate between the new features that could
> easily have been put into Xcode 3, and the changes that have been made (to
> my mind) to wreck a great UI.
>
> Schemes and Git and the like do not justify the damage…
>
> Why would I want to see Interface Builder objects when I am editing source
> code (like I can in Xc4)?
>
> Why do I have to choose only one inspector at a time?
>
> Why can’t I see a project and a search and/or issues navigator at the same
> time?
>
> In order to get to the project information, why do I have to first open a
> project navigator, then click on the rot level of the tree?  (The doesn’t
> seem very intuitive).
>
> Why is it that when I want want to change some settings about the app that
> I am testing (like whether to use GDB or LLDB or change some of the
> diagnostics), I have to go and edit a scheme (hidden away in a menu item,
> just like an issue that Apple uses to justify changing from Xc3 to 4…).
>  Surely, it makes sense to put this sort of stuff in the UI with the project
> and target information?  This what I think: ‘I need to add a malloc check.
>  I’ll go to the project setting for this.  No, hang on a minute, Apple has
> hidden this stuff elsewhere.  I’ll go and have a look in the scheme area
> that I get to via that obscure menu item…’
>

> I really don’t know how anybody expects people to write insanely brilliant
> use interfaces when they use one that borrows its cues from the ‘80s.
>

> Karl

> This email sent to juliethech...@gmail.com

Julie Seif
lovehatecreate.net

All I want is to fly away, be free, move on, and love the people who really
do love me.

"We aren't dealing with just a girl here, we are dealing with a girl who
desprately and hopelessly wants to be free. That's why I picked part of your
world for you to sing and in the end the amount of emotion you put in it
from all the suffering you've dealt with these few months, proved I made an
excellent choice. You NAILED IT!" - Mr. Black.