I think that we need to differentiate between the new features that could
easily have been put into Xcode 3, and the changes that have been made (to my
mind) to wreck a great UI.

Schemes and Git and the like do not justify the damage…

Why would I want to see Interface Builder objects when I am editing source code
(like I can in Xc4)?

Why do I have to choose only one inspector at a time?

Why can’t I see a project and a search and/or issues navigator at the same time?

In order to get to the project information, why do I have to first open a
project navigator, then click on the rot level of the tree?  (The doesn’t seem
very intuitive).

Why is it that when I want want to change some settings about the app that I am
testing (like whether to use GDB or LLDB or change some of the diagnostics), I
have to go and edit a scheme (hidden away in a menu item, just like an issue
that Apple uses to justify changing from Xc3 to 4…).  Surely, it makes sense to
put this sort of stuff in the UI with the project and target information?  This
what I think: ‘I need to add a malloc check.  I’ll go to the project setting
for this.  No, hang on a minute, Apple has hidden this stuff elsewhere.  I’ll
go and have a look in the scheme area that I get to via that obscure menu item…’

I really don’t know how anybody expects people to write insanely brilliant use
interfaces when they use one that borrows its cues from the ‘80s.

Karl