Well, I wouldn’t want to throw more oil on the fire, as the French saying goes,
but, in my opinion, this looks like tycoons arguing about the color of their
Ferraris or which Bordeaux grand cru  (or whatever else). I used to be a Unix
(NetBSD) developer, coding with vi(m), and managing projects with the BSD make,
and so forth (I also used Qt3/4-Designer) – I still do that when fixing code
for the "ports" I’m responsible of. I can insure you whatever flaws there may
be in this or that version of Xcode, it is still a great coding environment: no
need to keep track of methods or compilation errors on a separate sheet of
paper, autocompletion is great, etc. And IB is also way ahead QT-Designer, for
example.

I understand ease of development is important; but what count most (IMO,
always) is what the users think about your product. And Xcode UI has definitely
no impact on this: Compiler and OS do. Even with the most beautiful and useful
UI, a perfect code going through a compiler that insert thousand of useless
assembler lines and a buggy OS is going to lead to a disastrous experience.
With LLVM, Apple engineers have accomplished an amazing job of modernizing GCC
and MacOS is a great OS to work on. That alone should make everybody happy.