The SQLite DB thing is just like a tar archive, and if you dare to you can even
include a cramfs driver in your code and consolidate all your resources into
one optionally encrypted cramfs image. Every file archiving method that allows
in-memory expansion works, and my personal recommendation is tar and cramfs,
since the first is very common and easily handled, and the latter is a proper
file system that is designed to be expanded in memory (mostly used as initramfs
for Linux)

Sent from my iPad