On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 07:45:09AM -0500, Stacy Brown wrote:
> Complain all you want, guys, but the fact is that no server had delinked
> due to DoS since most of the servers have upgraded to pl14/pl15.  Only
> sandiego* has delinked during that time, and it was due to the company
> merging.  At least one server will be returning only when all have gone to
> pl15.

Uhm, as if your CFV had anything to do with it, I can't wait until
the next round comes along and you start blaming it on something else that
you want to attack and have made oper only, the stench of power hungry
admins and operators on this network is overwhelming.

Let me say it again, you will NOT be able to stop DoS attacks on *any* network
until you remove the power hungry operators/admins, stop the abuse from those
opers/admins, and make those opers/admins responsible for what they do. Everyone
knows abuse@ goes to /dev/null. Even the servers/admins that do not wish to
contribute to the abuse are forced to, because of the rest of the network.

I can understand that some of the more naive people believe they're really
doing some good, but people like you are a little more intelligent than that.

                                Matthew S. Hallacy