At the risk of getting involved in a flame war;  I can see 'power hungry'
becoming a fairly subjective term.
If you have serious complaints about the conduct of an oper, logs and
allegations need to go to the admin concerned.

Where the admin is abusive, the data needs to go to one of the other admins
who can decide what should be done.

I dont agree with pl14/15 at all; and I dont agree with anyone abusing
their power as an oper; but I do believe that this network is run by the
opers/admins, free of charge to our users; if they choose to remove someone
from the network, or mode a channel, its ultimately their call to
make.  Theyre trusted to do it right - users should not be able to question
this.  They go elsewhere if they dont like it.

Undernet opers *do* have accountability, to their admins. Admins have
accountability to the network as a whole.

On the whole ive found Undernet to be the best network I have experienced,
because of the significant number of *decent* people in positions of
responsibility.   And no, I havnt been sucked in. I have an o:line on
another network as well...

If we have abusive admins/opers has it been reported?
If the answer is no, we have no right to make blanket statements about this
- I know too many even-handed opers to consider this statement fair.

Cheers
Mark (BlakJak)