I'd agree 100% The point I was making was that the historical versions of ircu (2.9) showed them as "*"... at least 2.9.32 did. I would say that +p channels should be listed with the channel name clearly shown... and either display the topic, or show "<PRIVATE CHANNEL>" (or something similiar) in it's place.

Otherwise, as you pointed out, +p and +s become analogous, and then what's the point of having both of them? I think +p has a useful role to serve assuming that they show up on /list :)

At 09:06 PM 6/12/2003 +0100, Chris Crowther wrote:
On Thursday 12 Jun 2003 8:25 pm, you wrote:

> Unfortunately for whatever reason this is _not_ the way the current version
> of ircu works.  Both +p and +s are totally hidden from /list (it doesn't
> even show a "*" or "Prv" like some older ircd versions did).

I can't see a constructive difference between showing the channel names as
Prv and hiding them completly. The only way it would make sense is the way I
stated, otherwise +p and +s become analegous and +p is just there for
historical reasons.

--
hikari
[EMAIL PROTECTED]