> > I can't see a constructive difference between showing the channel names
as
> > Prv and hiding them completly.  The only way it would make sense is the
way I
> > stated, otherwise +p and +s become analegous and +p is just there for
> > historical reasons.
>
> How about we drop +p as a separate mode and make it do +s for
compatibility?
> --
> Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I always found +p useful for those who wanted to find the channel, and
weren't just people looking to pester someone.  +s hides completely, and +p
is still accessable for those who know how to "look."  IMHO, this a good
thing.  If people are really looking for your channel then they'll find it.
It kinda of puts up that "elite" block in some sense.  +s is for the
channels that people aren't supposed to know about.  There's a big
difference between the two.

Keep the mode :-) as is.

CK

"The way to become boring is to say everything." --Voltaire