> > How about we drop +p as a separate mode and make it do +s for
> compatibility?
> > --
> > Kevin L. Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The most important difference is (or used to be, dunno
if that still works as-is) that when you are on a channel
that is +s then you cannot be found with a wildcard /WHO
if you'd otherwise have matched.  This isn't the case
when sitting on a +p channel.  The other difference is
whether or not the channel name shows up in /list.
Both prohibit to see which users are on the channel
without first joining it.  But +p channels do not
disallow you to find the channel name with /list, imho.

--
Carlo Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>