smoggy666 commented on issue #11007:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/11007#issuecomment-5595728715

   Hi, I’d like to work on connector-druid.
   
   During a source audit, I found that `batchSize` is defined and used by 
`DruidSink`/`DruidWriter`, but it is not registered in 
`DruidSinkFactory.optionRule()`. As a result, any explicitly configured 
`batchSize` is rejected as an unknown option.
   
   I also found that zero or negative values would make the writer flush on 
every record if validation were bypassed, so I propose:
   
   1. Register `BATCH_SIZE` as an optional option in `optionRule()`.
   2. Add a declarative `batchSize > 0` constraint.
   3. Add focused factory validation tests for positive, zero, negative, and 
default values without starting Druid.
   
   There does not appear to be an existing imperative `if/throw` validation for 
this option, so this is slightly different from a direct validation migration. 
Would this scope be acceptable under #11007?
   
   If so, I’d be happy to take `connector-druid`.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to