Andy Lewis wrote:

I have been subscribed here for a bit now, particularly looking for traffic relating to the VFS project, but have not seen any. I know there is some recent work going on on the project (just from CVS) but have seen nothing on this list. I am hoping to be able to help with it. Am I in the right place?

Yes - there is not much community driven work.
But I am still there and pick up every user request. And the bursts Gary talked about are those where i try to implement something completley new - due to the low user traffic here I try to move slowly to not run into a situation where VFS is completley unusable and nobody complains about, though I use it in our application and it still works very well.

Next thing i would like to do is to make the FileObject thread-safe (which again will show up as burst on the list ;-)) but this is something I have to plan very carefully.

And - fore sure - the documentation should be updated, but I am still in hope i find some native english speaker who would like to reread what i write - or even better - one who would like to write the documentation ;-)

However, every contribution is welcome.
What do you have in mind?

--- Mario