On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Keith Curtis <keit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 22:23 -0700, "Marvin Humphrey"
>>
>> <mar...@rectangular.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > They're intimately tied, aren't they?
>> >

> Not necessarily. The point I'm getting at is that some people aren't even
> ready to take the step away from Windows, ASP.Net and towards LAMP.

Then they can use Open Source on Windows + ASP.Net.

> So I
> think that at least a preamble of a corporate policy ought to discuss why to
> depend on free software for the dependencies. It seems like an important
> building block on the way to making the case of why to write free software.

I don't think it needs to discuss why to depend on or why to write.
Free software is just another license (as compared to the license you
get with commercial software). You might want a brief comment on
software acquisition; you need to remind the open source types to
consider paying just as much as you need to remind the
commercial-types to think open source.

Hen