On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 11:40 -0500, Andy wrote:
> Even on CGOS there is a 1s Bronstein delay to prevent silly time loses
> due to lag.  We need the same thing for humans except that for humans
> it needs to be a bit more than 1s.

The gift is 0.75 seconds as it turns out.

And I really hate the Bronstein clock compared to the Fischer, but it's
not so bad if the delay is pretty small.    For instance a 1 second
delay in chess would easily cover the "administrative cost" of making a
move, in other words the physical process time of moving the piece,
punching your clock, etc.

But a Fischer clock is way more logical in my opinion.  You get the time
increment added to your clock for each move and you don't get penalized
for moving quickly like you do with Bronstein.