Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Gian-Carlo Pascutto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As far as I understand, GTP only supports canadian byo-yomi which is not
so popular. Leela should support it but I have never tried.

kgs-time_settings is much easier to interpret. KGS will send "time_left 0 0" when you run out of main time. I don't remember what it does when you lose a byo yomi period. When in byo yomi, time_left will still have 0 for the 2nd parameter.

HouseBot is coded to use only the first byo yomi period. Just like other monte-carlo bots, I don't recognize moves that require more think time, so I don't bother using all periods yet.