Roger Penrose thinks the human brain can do things a Turing machine cannot. (Note: I don't say 'computer'.) He claims it's due to some quantum-physical effects used by the brain. I doubt his ideas are correct, but he did have a few interesting chess-positions to support his theory. Typically, they would contain a completely locked position, say a V-shaped pawn position and bishops on the wrong color to pass the pawn-ranks. These types of positions are very easily analyzed by even mediocre players, yet a computer never gets the right answer.

Basically what it shows is that the human brain is able to conceptualize certain things that enable it to reason about situations that cannot be calculated by brute force. I don't claim that a Turing machine cannot do such things as well if programmed well, but it's very easy to see that there could be barriers to computers, no matter how much computing power you give them, if they solely rely on a simple method with brute force.

Mark