On Aug 6, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Jeff Wright wrote:
I maintain that within 5 years, the iPhone will be a bit player in the
mobile device market.  Way too much competition coming down the pike.

With 65,000 apps available for the iPhone and less than a dozen for the competitors it is going to be very hard to catch up. The competitors are still making some of the mistakes Apple made in its early days and they will need to fix those first. Right now Apple appears to be its own worst enemy with a nutty approval process at its App Store. If they don't fix that soon there will be developer leakage to the other platforms. I bet Apple will fix it soon.