I was not speaking specifically about this problem. I am also speaking out of
frustration during my participation with 8.2. I tried my best to work through some
issues with the developers, and did get one of the problems resolved, but as a
whole, I felt like 8.2 was getting very close to being a very solid product, only a
week or so away when it was released. I have not been a part of the process this
time so I really don't know the ends and outs. But I started to hear some similar
complaints. The best comparison I can come up with would be how I made the switch
from a B sometimes C student (this is a while back mind you...) to making a 4.0. I
did not put in that much more work. It really came down to the fact of giving myself
an extra week or so to review the work a few times from a fresh perspective. The
little changes and adjustments I made, were the difference in a letter grade or so.

What I am getting at is.... after getting past the show stopper bugs, if Mandrake
will continue just a bit more to get through the annoying or smaller issues, it may
help Mandrake to take that next big step to becoming the standard linux desktop and
market leader. I wouldn't be pushing here if I didn't believe that Mandrake has the
best vision and it has been my favorite distro for quite a while. I would just like
to see a fully polished product out, it seems the last one was so close.....

--
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that
created them.
-Albert Einstein