although I mentioned drivers as examples, drivers were not the issue per se. I know
that the nvidea drivers come from nvidea, so there is little that can be done with
them. The only issue would be if they work fine in one distro but not another. All
of the mice issues are a bit troubling, esp if it is a standard touchpad internal
mouse. Those have been stable forever and I would be inclined to believe that it
would be a mandrake issue.

What I am talking about relates to my last experience with mandrake 8.2 which was
really shaping up to be quite the solid distribution, but was released a few weeks
before it was ready. It finally stabilized in cooker but that is not where the final
stable version should be. Since this is the last of the 6 month per release
agreement and the next release is probably a year away, I think it would be a wise
move to take the extra time to work through the smaller issues.

--
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that
created them.
-Albert Einstein