Ben Reser wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 08:15:29PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

> > I tried simply removing the sound card lines from /etc/modules.conf to
> > see if that restored the mouse. Mouse now works again. Sound card lines
> > removed:

> > alias sound-slot-0 cs4232
> > options sound dmabuf=1
> > alias synth0 opl3
> > options opl3 io=0x388
> > options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

> Try changing io or irq on either your ps/2 port if your bios allows that
> or on your sound card.

I wouldn't know about changing resources allocated to a mouse port. I
thought that was standardized a zillion PC years ago. I'm open to
suggestions about what to change in sound card resource assignments. In
OS/2, the sound card uses the following:

IRQ 9
IRQ 15
port 0x534-537
port 0x120-127
port 0x220-22F
port 0x388-38B
port 0x330-331
port 0x200-201

Given that PCI ETH0, USB, and ACPI are all on IRQ 5, I should think
irq=5 should be changed, but I can't see how that would kill psaux,
unless Linux is pushing ETH0, USB, and/or ACPI onto IRQ 12. io=0x530
appears to be a mismatch with one of the allocations made running OS/2,
but it isn't anything close to the resource allocations OS/2 shows for
the mouse port.

> It really looks like some conflicting hardware.  Not a bug.

To me it looks like a bug that sndconfig can produce a resource conflict
with so basic a device as a mouse port. Be that as it may, thank you
very much for your gracious help that has allowed me to learn a little
about /etc/modules.conf, and to get use of my mouse back.
--
". . . . in everything, do to others what you would have them do
to you . . . ."                                        Matthew 7:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/