On Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:15:59 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Sean Coffey has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Pass PrintStream to security helper
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/sun/launcher/SecuritySettings.java line 66:
>
>> 64:                 ostream.println("Unrecognized security subcommand. See
>> \"java -X\" for help");
>> 65:                 ostream.println("Printing all security settings");
>> 66:                 printAllSecurityConfig();
>
> The error message is going to get lost in the volume of settings.
> Allowing bad command input reinforces learning the wrong suboption; though it
> may duplicate the help, I'd print the allowed options.

@RogerRiggs  - do you mean to print nothing in the "bad command input" scenario
? The current -XshowSettings launch behaviour prints all data if a bad value is
passed to it. I was mimicking this for security subcommands.

Are you suggesting to print the relevant part of the "java -X" help menu here
or is restoring the message with value subcommands sufficient ?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14394#discussion_r1234251237