On 10/23/2015 4:42 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
Let me rephrase. Are Thunderbird and SeaMonkey committed towards long term maintenance of their code, should it be moved into mozilla-central? That is the bare minimum necessary (but not sufficient) condition for having this conversation.

From what I have seen in the aforementioned forum, it seems like at least on the Thunderbird side things are pretty much unclear at this point, so the answer to the above question cannot be yes.

I don't know why the hell you think the answer to that question is anything other than yes. Kent is a pessimist, and he sees the current signs as that Mozilla is basically trying to throw us under the bus (and this current thread suggests that there a few here paying the bus driver to run over the corpse a few times), so he is highly motivated to find alternative long-term plans to *continue* the maintenance of Thunderbird. Indeed, the very fact that we're angling for this change to happen, despite the rather intense political fight that is ensuing, is itself a loud voice of commitment to maintaining the code.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer