On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Ben Wilson <ben.wil...@digicert.com> wrote:
> Another issue that  needs to be resolved involves the Federal Bridge CA 2013
> (“Federal Bridge”).  When a publicly trusted sub CA cross-certifies the
> Federal Bridge, then all of the CAs cross-certified by the Federal Bridge
> are trusted.   The chart (https://crt.sh/mozilla-disclosures) then captures
> all “non-publicly-trusted” sub CAs.  For instance, the following CAs are now
> caught up in the database,  but there is no way to input them (or CAs
> subordinate to them) into Salesforce because only the CA that
> cross-certified the Federal Bridge has access to that  certificate chain in
> Salesforce. In otherwords, I don’t have access to input the DigiCert
> Federated ID CA-1 or its sub CAs.

Ben,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the DigiCert CA you mention is part of a
different PKI from the DigiCert public roots in Mozilla, right?  The
only reason that it is showing in the list is because a non-DigiCert
CA cross-signed the Federal PKI and the Federal PKI cross-signed the
DigiCert CA in question, correct?

Thanks,
Peter