On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 08:42:03AM -0700, Mark Arnott via dev-security-policy
wrote:
> I was informed yesterday that I would have to replace just over 300
> certificates in 5 days because my CA is required by rules from the CA/B
> forum to revoke its subCA certificate.

The possibility of such an occurrence should have been made clear in the
subscriber agreement with your CA.  If not, I encourage you to have a frank
discussion with your CA.

> In the CIA triad Availability is as important as Confidentiality.  Has
> anyone done a threat model and a serious risk analysis to determine what a
> reasonable risk mitigation strategy is?

Did you do a threat model and a serious risk analysis before you chose to
use the WebPKI in your application?

- Matt