On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 01:56:39PM -0400, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > > APR is whatever we want it to be...
> >
> > APR is NOT what we make it.  The APR project has a VERY well defined
> > mission and goal.  Take a look at the web site:
>
> Just to clarify, by "we" I meant the voting majority of the APR PMC
> (aparently only with the approval of the board), not the whims of
> the casual contributor. If this is indeed a paradigm shift, then I'm
> suggesting that we reexamine the charter.

I'll tell you right now that I will strenuosly object to making APR the
kitchen sink of Apache libraries.  We are a portability project, which is
all the library was when I wrote it, and all I wish the project to be.  If
you want a library project, then create a new PMC please.  I don't believe
that you can create such a charter that is well defined enough to be
useful.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610