I've seen multiple Apache projects using GitHub for issue tracking, but are
not really positive examples.
Often they don't use the milestones and labels available, I'd be sad if
we'd end up with that style.

GitHub on it's own is usually good enough if used correctly, when it's
helped with bots.
There are multiple OSS projects doing decent work and administration using
GitHub only.

All the (multiple) mailing lists, stack overflow and JIRA are definitely
barriers for new contributors.
They require familiarity (people born after 2000 are not familiar with
mailing lists or JIRA, but they are with GitHub) and setup (filters,
notifications).
I admit this helps reducing the noise, dealing with serious participants
only, making things the "right way", but I wanted to note this different
aspect too.

Keeping everything (discussions, issues, PRs) in one place has huge added
value, but not for the core members and people working in this environment
for years.
While I don't necessarily think it is worth switching now, converging to a
single platform improves the reach and diversifies/grows the Arrow
community in the long run.

I understand if we stick with JIRA, but I'm 100% sure there are people not
asking questions, not raising issues, not giving feedback and not
contributing because of the mailing lists and JIRA already.
They wouldn't have the best ROI, but we can acknowledge there is a room for
improvement.

Best regards,
Adam LIppai