On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 12:22:58PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> I see where David is coming from.
>
> The longer you leave a release branch, the harder it becomes to QA, the
> harder it comes to test, and the harder it becomes to release. As has been
> mentioned already, you can think of this as a "release cost". More regular
> releases keep complexity down, and reduce anxiety over "will my feature
> make the next release?" (Only applicable in a time-based system, like we
> have it.)

Indeed.  And frankly the longer the "QA" cycle, the less interest the
community will have (seems to have) in resolving bugs from the pending
feature release.  People move on, naturally, to the next feature they
want to work on.

Frankly this is the reason that I feel like we are still waiting to ship
4.1.0.

-chip