Hi Swapnil,

I realize I'm coming late to this discussion but would like to offer a small
bit of feedback.

Like others, I think we need to try to get qualified people running local
groups. One Member plus two PMC members gives us three, which is a magic number
for decision-making here. Even if they don't attend all meetings, it's at least
some oversight from folks who have earned merit.

Random talks that present how we do things here, by people we don't know, makes
me nervous. We might consider requiring presentations to be posted publicly
some time (one week?) before the meeting which would allow for at least some
oversight.

And there are plenty of such presentations publicly available and some can be
edited to suit (e.g. see the Training podling for examples of presentations on
The Apache Way).

I endorse the concept and look forward to a proposal.

Craig

> On Dec 11, 2019, at 11:59 AM, Swapnil M Mane <swapnilmm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind and valuable inputs.
> As a next step, we will work on drafting the ALC proposal to the board.
>

> - Best regards,
> Swapnil M Mane,
> www.apache.org
>
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 12:20 AM Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 12/6/19 4:42 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>>> One potential (if not solution -- but at least a line of thought) could be
>>> to bring these efforts into the fold officially by requiring them to be
>>> official sub-projects of ComDev PMC. Then we can have a policy requiring
>>> a certain governance oversight over those sub-projects (like requiring
>>> a certain # of PMC/members, etc.).
>>
>> This just feels like too much structure/bureaucracy to me. We want just
>> enough oversight, but we don't want to kill it with too much, either.
>>
>> If, at some later date, this grows to the point where it seems to *need*
>> this much oversight, then, great, we take that step then.
>>
>> Small, reversible steps.
>>
>> --
>> Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com
>> http://rcbowen.com/