Actually this already started in the background. No resolution yet, but it
is coming.

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Okay, skipping over all the noise on this thread, I think we should take
Ross up on his generous offer.
I agree Parashuram would be in a good position as well, but he is not yet a
on the pmc.
Starting a private vote thread.

Cheers,
  Jesse

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com
<javascript:;>> wrote:

> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 1:29 AM, Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com
<javascript:;>> wrote:

> > Ted Dunning wrote:
> > > Also, if you choose to switch to a different translator at some point,
> it
> > > is likely that they will use the previous translations as the base for
> > > translation memory even if humans are doing the translation.  That
> counts
> > > as the project using the text to train a translation engine.
> >
> > I don't think that counts.

> > If "my translation app" takes your X->Y and uses it to apply to the next
> > application it sees, then it's opening itself up to some really bad
> > poisoning models. Because there's a lot of garbage that will be uploaded
> > into translation engines. I'd be shocked if anyone actually did this.
> >

> Google translate does this.  They detect parallel text on the web and
build
> language and translation models using techniques that go back, more or
> less, to the Candide work at IBM.  The really big addition that Google
made
> is that they can and do detect parallel text that is not explicitly marked
> as parallel.
>
> This means that if somebody translated the Cordova stuff later using
Google

--
Sent from MetroMail