People:

> With Base tool 'Querys' created:
> SELECT "idJour", "vonKto" FROM "JOUR" "JOUR" WHERE ( ( "vonKto" =
> 'KASSE' ) )
> This select the data.
> Twice "JOUR" ? Strange, but works.
> All >"< in SQL are unnecessary, the system generates all (the first
> comfort in this hard job).

What's the logic behind the query tool generating all-quoted identifiers?

The "", in ANSI SQL, are used to denote an identifier which may have unusual
characters (such as a space or period),  mixed case, or beginning with a
digit.  However, if you quote an identifier on most systems (such as
PostgreSQL and Oracle) then the case of the quoted identifier must match the
real identifier exactly.

I can see this causing some problems for us since case-folding is our major
non-ANSI-standard issue; we fold to lower case (yeah, I know, but we're still
trying to think of a way to introduce the fix without breaking thousands of
applications).   So if the query tool is setting things to uppercase and
quoting them, it's going to break PostgreSQL access.   As well as many other
apps.

Or is this driver specific?

--
Josh Berkus