Hi Josh,

> Well, all quoted identifiers is fine *if* the identifiers come from the
> database, not from the user.   And provided that they don't get automatically
> uppercased before being quoted.

I'm not sure whether I understood Wolfgang's original post right (it
seems that two non-native English speakers communicating in English can
be difficult, sometimes :), so I am not sure whether he claims that OOo
does change the case. If so, this is a bug - OOo shouldn't touch
identifier case at all.

However, I am not sure whether HSQLDB does - I assume it might, in case
the identifier is not quoted.

So far for the "how it should be" and "how I assume it is", have to read
the original thread in more detail when I find the time to see if I can
say anything about it.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- Sun Microsystems, Inc.                http://www.sun.com/staroffice -
- OpenOffice.org Database Access            http://dba.openoffice.org -