What is the difference between:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ NLC:New_Translators_Start_here

And:

http://www.khmeros.info/tools/oo2.0_program_translaltion.html

?

It looks like both files address the same kind of issues.

The later is linked from:

http://l10n.openoffice.org/localization/translation.html

as:
"The OOo community usually use the PO file format for translation, see this document for a small introduction into the used process"

The above page also comes with a Translate toolkit explanation at:
http://www.khmeros.info/tools/translate.html

There also is another OOo specific page:
http://www.khmeros.info/tools/localization_of_openoffice_2.0.html

that describes all the steps necessary to start a localization of OOo.

The page links to a PDF file that should be here:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/online_help/ LocalisationguideOOo2.pdf

But that is not. After googling a little bit I found a copy there:
http://sciforge.org/viewcvs/ooo-bg/localization/interface/version_20/ LocalisationguideOOo2.pdf?rev=1.3

We don't seem to have a main L10N page in the wiki.

No but there is the one at:
http://l10n.openoffice.org/localization/translation.html that gave me all the above information and more. Isn't it enough ?

The OOo/L10N pages link to and from the Wiki, to khmeros, to the translation toolkit, to a number of SF pages, to a number of Sun pages etc. It is very confusing. Especially since the information is _very_ redundant.

So the question that comes next is which page is more valid/up-to- date/useful ? From a team leader perspective ? From a "team embedded translator" perspective ? From a total new comer who has to start a locale from scratch ?

Jean-Christophe Helary