Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> Ain,
>
> Thank you for the precision. As I wrote to Clytie I did not mean to
> sound harsh.
>
> As I am far from understanding the actual job of a team leader
> (Sophie is "my" leader) I'll wait a bit before making proposals here.
>
> As I wrote in my first post, the French team received .xlz files
> created from the original .po. I did find that funny since OLT comes
> with a filter that is very simple to use and that allows translators
> to convert to .xlz if they need it. Besides, there was an encoding
> problem in our files so I had to de-convert the .xlz back to .po and
> to translate it in OmegaT etc.

It is dangerous - you have original sdf-template and to get translated sdf
you have to convert your translations 4 times ;)

By the way, I noticed that xliff files are stored in packed format, xlz? It
means that when using xliff as only intermdiate version, without po-step,
you'll not have any overview over changes in version control system?
Its only a question, not statement - I dont know almost anything about
deeper mechanism of version control.

ain