Hi JC,

I guess what Ain mentioned was that 'msgctxt' option during oo2po saves the comment line in another field rather that adding to msgid fileld. Then there won't be no change with msgid string.

So for current po files, do you simply ignore the comment line in your translation?

Thanks,
Aijin

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
Hi all,
Some strings of po files have a line  which was added to make each
msgid string be unique using --duplicates=msgid_comment option
during executing oo2po.
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/
duplicates_duplicatestyle

How can OmegaT or poedit handle the added line?

Since the string is a msgid it is handled as a source string and is
displayed as translatable.

... thats one reason we switched to msgctxt comment style, where
identifier is stored in separate field. See also
http://vagula.blogspot.com/2008/02/attention-to-community-translators.html

Ain,

Sorry I don't understand your comment. What Aijin asked is how does OmegaT (and POedit, which I don't use) handle tweaked msgid.

My reply was that it handles them as "normal" msgid. I did not see a reference to msgctxt.

Jean-Christophe Helary