Op Vrydag 2008-02-29 skryf Aijin Kim:
> Hi JC,
>
> Thanks a lot for your kind explanation.
> So you mean that you manually delete the msgid_comment part from each
> target string?
> If so, it should be better that source string doesn't include the
> msgid_comment line in source string to avoid additional work, right?
>
> Now, I'm thinking if we need to use msgctxt style. Ain has confirmed
> that poedit supports it. I'm not sure about OmegaT.
> If OmegaT also supports msgctxt, it'd be good to change the format of po
> files from next update.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Aijin

I think msgctxt might be the best way to go, except if some team really
wants to support some tool that doesn't yet support it well. From my
understanding, the current versions of OmegaT will already work better
with the msgctxt-type files, simply because the msgid will now always
just contain the text for translation. This should enable the normal
translation workflow of PO files in OmegaT, and should mean that the TM,
etc. should work properly. (Of course, there might still be issues more
generally about PO support, but at least it should be better than with
the msgid comments). Unless anybody objects, I think going with msgctxt
should be a good goal for just about everybody. I understand that Ain
(not Aijin:-) has also already migrated that way.

I think it is also worthwhile noting that the msgid comment was
introduced by KDE before msgctxt existed, and now even the KDE project
does not use it anymore. Although the Translate Toolkit and Pootle
support it quite well, I think, most other tools that don't support it
yet, probably never will, as these type of files will probably gradually
disappear :-)

Friedel