Hi,

2009/6/10 Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <thomas.la...@sun.com>:

> Hello Per,
>> Hello,
>>
>> The Swedish community has waited for such a feature for a long time,
>> making the hyphen being forwarded to the spellchecker.
>>
>> We don't know what is expected from us. We would like this feature
>> activated for Swedish.
>>
>> What are the risks involved with activating this that our lingu team
>> must know about? Our members working with the dictionary are experts and
>> would well be able to answer to such issues.
>>
> I don't know for sure since I'm neither familiar with the internal of
> hunspell in respect to this matter and also I habve never created an
> affix dictionary on my own. Sorry. My part is only to get the hyphens to
> the spell checker as part of the words.
>
> László and maybe some others should know about what dictionary
> maintainers may need to do because of this change.

There is no risk by definition. Hunspell has a default word break mode
to do the same, as the old ICU breakiterator (after the failed spell
checking of the words with hyphens). See BREAK in the Hunspell manual.

I will check the EN DASH support (hyphen-minus conversion for 8-bit
dictionaries and automatic word break with UTF-8 dictionaries), yet.

Regards,
László