Mathias Bauer schreef:
Ruud Baars wrote:

Thomas Lange schreef:
Hi Ruud,

Thanks for the update. Is this feature activated per language or globally?
The mid-hyphen as part of the word will be activated globally.
As for the pre- and post-hyphen, those will be available only per language upon request.
Thomas, should the request com from the localization team? If so, I will forward them the issue. When not, consider this the request for Dutch. There is no problem with the 'in between sentence', since these require a long dash, and spaces arount these.
If you want the special pre- and postfix handling for hyphens as well, just add a respective line to issue 64400 (see my latest comment there).
I passed this one on to the localisation team. We will have to prepare a 3.2 dictionary anyway. Since we are on the verge of releasing a new dictionary for Dutch, we could create a 3.2-ready version of it.
It is a bit of extra work, but it would be helpful for the users.
Could you inform us as soon as 3.2 (any prerelease) has implemented this feature, so we can start preparing and testing?

I wonder whether that means that we must provide two dictionary
extensions then - one for 3.0/3.1 and one for 3.2. Or will this new
dictionary work fine in 3.1 also as it will just contain a few words
that wouldn't be passed to the spell checker in 3.1 anyway?
Now we generate the dictionary, splitting a word like 'au bain-marie' into 'au', 'bain' and 'marie'.
In the 3.2-version it shoudl be 'au' and 'bain-marie', which is better.
This list will not be fully functional in 3.1, unless we still add 'bain' and 'marie', but then the spell checking is of less quality that could be achieved ...

So in fact, though it still has to be tested, since the change hasn't been commited yet, the worst case is there will be a 3.2 and a 3.1-version ... We are planning to keep the 3.1-version working in 3.2 however (using BREAK - in Hunspell). Tis also needs a test .. But, with the new add-on dstructture, there is no problem is there? There is a minimal version that could be specified ..
Regards,
Mathias